Hello everyone! Hope you all are enjoying the festive season here in India!
If you are a married Indian girl, you must be busy prepping for the upcoming festival of Karwa Chauth too! It’s one more excuse for us to pamper ourselves from head to toe and i am sure you all are enjoying it too!!
While you prim yourselves at the salon making our skin glow,don’t forget a vital thing. . Your hair!
Shiny, glossy hair can turn up the amp and put ‘chaar chaand’ (thinking about the moon already!) to your look for the night!
I personally don’t like to sit at the salon for hours to get my hair colored. Nor do i like to spend so many thousands of rupees on it. So naturally, this year too, i have turned to my trusty box of magic!
Loreal Casting Creme Gloss had burst onto to hair color scene last year and they literally took over the market, and for good reason.
Price : Rs 575/-
As with most box hair colors, Loreal Casting Creme Gloss comes packaged in a cardboard box with product details and marketing information printed on it. When you open it, you get
- Cream Colorant
- Pair of hand gloves
- Information leaflet
- Nutrishine Conditioner
Be sure to read the information carefully and perform an allergy patch test if you are allergy-prone and using this product for the first time.
Although it’s not instructed, however, i prep my hair before application of the color by using a light hair oil like olive oil. As i have dry hair, i need the extra conditioning before coloring by saturating my hair with oil. This does not interfere with the efficacy of the hair color. If you have normal to oily hair, you may skip this step.
Also, it’s advisable to wear an apron or old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Also, you may want to apply vaseline all around your hairline at the forehead and ears to keep the color from staining your skin.
Directions of use are mentioned clearly and i recommend to follow them to the tee.
Its very easy to use and apply and takes very less time to develop. You have to break open the seal of the nozzle of the developer and unscrew the cap. Just squeeze in all the cream colorant in it. Screw the nozzle on it tightly and shake the mix vigorously keeping a fingertip over the nozzle. Make sure the colorant and developer have mixed properly. Apply the mix onto sectioned hair spreading the color evenly from roots to tips. I personally do not apply it onto my scalp and start applying it just a few millimetres away from the roots. However, if you have grey roots to cover up, then you must apply from the roots.
If you are sensitive to scents, beware! This mix a strong smell of bleach to it.
Previously colored hair need slightly different application. Make sure you read the instructions carefully.
After i have satisfactorily applied the hair color, i just put up my hair in a bun and wear a shower cap.
Note: If you stay at a chilly place, you may want to blow dry over the cap evenly for about 5 minutes. Heat aids the color developing process and makes sure you get the best color saturation.
Once the suggested time for your hair type is over, wash off the hair color with lukewarm water till you see clear water running down your hair. Make sure no product remains in your hair. Do not use a shampoo. Once washed, apply the Nutrishine conditioner evenly all over and leave it in for about 2 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm or cold water and you are done!!
Tips and Things to Note
- I have used this product several times and not suffered an allergic reaction. However, if you are using it for the first time then a patch test is highly recommended.
- This is a demi-permanent hair color. Essentially, it will coat your hair strands in the color of your choice without permeating into the hair shaft. For this reason, this hair color will last for about 5 to 6 weeks (or 28 washes as they say) after which it will fade away evenly, unlike permanent hair colors that you have to grow out.
- As this is a demi permanent hair color, it’s not meant to cover grey hair. It will not coat your grey hair in intense color and you would be able to see the greys within a wash or two.
- If you have Henna in your hair at all, you are not supposed to use this. The hair color will not be able to develop in those areas.
- Keeping the hair color longer than the recommended time in your hair and not washing it off will not make the hair color develop stronger. It will only damage your hair.
- Protecting your colored hair from UV rays will drastically improve the longevity and quality of your hair color.
Over all, if you are like me who wants to be fashionable with hair without major commitments towards permanent hair colors and thousands to blow, this is a superb option. It’s easy, effective, affordable and has a delicious range of subtle colors perfect for the Indian hair. If you have been thinking of coloring your hair, this is the perfect first-step solution to it.
I would rate it 4.8/5. (i wish it had a more pleasant smell).
So make heads turn this festive season with your shiny, glossy & sexy hair.. After all, No Colour, No Fashion!!
Have you used this product? How was your experience?
*Positive Vibes Only*
DISCLAIMER :Loreal Paris was kind enough to send this product to me. The opinions mentioned are as usual my own, brutally honest!